Jason O’Ceannobhain Art Studio (us, our, we) is committed to protecting the privacy and security of your personal information. This policy explains in great detail how we collect, store and use any personal information about you so please continue to read the following carefully. This policy relates to your use of our e-commerce website.
For the purposes of this policy data protection law means: from 25 May 2018, unless it is is no longer applicable in Ireland, we will comply with the GDPR The General Data Protection Regulation (EU) 2016/679.
The personal information we hold about you will be:
- Used lawfully, fairly and in a transparent way.
- Collected only for valid purposes that we have clearly explained to you and not used in any way that is incompatible with those purposes.
- Relevant to the purposes we have told you about and limited only to those purposes.
- Accurate and kept up to date.
- Kept only as long as necessary for the purposes we have told you about.
- Kept securely.
Jason O’Ceannobhain Art Studio and Woo Commerce are the data controllers of the personal information we hold about you. Woo Commerce is the store host we use for our e-commerce site.Woo Commerce have their own Private Policy regarding GDPR.
Information we collect
- When you purchase from us at www.jocatstudio.com we collect, personal information such as your first name, last name, billing (optional) and delivery address, telephone number, email address, items ordered and payment method used. However we do not have access to your payment details. Third Party payment hosts which we use on our website have access to this information. These are Stripe, Apple Pay and Paypal who all have their own GDPR Private Policy.
- If you set up an online account with us, your password is stored through Woo Commerce. Jason O’Ceannobhain Art Studio cannot view or access this information.
- If you sign up to receive our email newsletter, we will store your email address.
- All personal information is kept on a secure server.
How we use the information we collect
- 1. To process your order including delivery, payment and returns.
- 2. To communicate with you about our products and promotions that may be of interest if you have consented for us to do so. You may opt-out of receiving these messages at any time as explained above.
- 3. To monitor purchase history, site use and traffic patterns to improve our site design and products.
- 5. To assist in the detection and prevention of fraud.
Why do we contact you?
If you have signed up for our newsletters, we contact you to update you about new product launches, sales and offers which are exclusive to our contact list. You can opt out of marketing emails at any time. If you do not wish to continue to receive marketing from us, click on the ‘Unsubscribe’ link in any email communications.
- When you make a purchase online, we will contact you by email to notify you of updates to your order.
- We may also contact you about leaving reviews for products once you have received your order.
- If successful when entering any of our competitions or prize draws we will contact you by email to notify you.
- We will contact you by telephone if there is a problem with your order.
- Where you contact us via social media to make an enquiry, we may respond via the email you have provided when you placed your order.
What are your rights?
You have the right to obtain confirmation that your data is being processed and request access to your personal data. You can make a request by email to firstname.lastname@example.org, or in writing to:
Willowbrook Park, Celbridge, Co. Kildare, Ireland.
We will respond within one month with the following:
- 1. List and confirm what personal data we hold about you.
- 2. Provide a copy of the data in commonly used electronic format.
- 3. Provide any supporting explanatory materials.